Underwater Speaker DRS-8
Model Number: DRS-8
Oceanears low-cost underwater speakers and loudspeakers are designed for use in diver recall systems, synchronized swimming sound systems, marine mammal recording and playback sound systems and any other system needing a hi-quality, low-cost means of projecting sounds underwater.
The OCEANEARS DRS-8 Portable Underwater Speaker is a state of the art Piezoelectric Flexural Disc Transducer that will provide years of reliable service and pleasing music underwater. The speaker comes with 25 feet of cable and uses our Pin Suspension Design. The Standard Warranty is FIVE Years. One speaker for a 25 yard 6 lane pool for music.
The Audio Isolation Impedance Matching Transformer Assembly comes with the underwater speaker for connecting the DRS-8 to the 4/8 Ohm Output, 70 Volt Output or 100 Volt Output of the power amplifier being used. The EM-0611A is rated at 400 Watts Maximum. OCEANEARS DRS-8 Underwater Speaker with Transformer Box has a FIVE YEAR WARRANTY and is MADE in USA!!
- State of the art in PIEZOELECTRIC FLEXURAL DISK TECHNOLOGY!
- LONG LIFE CONSTRUCTION WITH PVC AND EPOXY.
- Will not rust or corrode even if used in saltwater. Can be used in swimming pools with salt generators.
- Galvanic corrosion has been eliminated. Non-Magnetic materials.
- No metal exposed to the water, reducing the potential for electric shock.
- No voice coil to burn out.
- A completely passive, non-powered device. UL, CSA and CE are not required.
- Acoustic power to spare with high efficiency.
- Deep depth capability (130 feet/40 meters).
- 8.5 inch (21.6 cm) diameter. 2.3 inch (5.84 cm) axial length.
- Weighs only 4.5 pounds (2.0 Kg) in air.
- Supplied with 25 feet (15 meters) of cable (Suprene 105, 18 AWG, 3/C SE00W, (UL) 600V, -60C to 105C, CSA LL39753 ST00W (TPE) 600 V, water resistant FT2).
- Uses readily available Neutrik or Amphenol ECO-MATE connectors.
- Input power rating: 400 watts maximum – EM-0611A Transformer
- Underwater Speaker Input Impedance: 4000 ohms. Varies with frequency.
- Frequency range: 200 Hz to 18 KHz. Directional at higher frequencies.
- Omni-directional beam pattern at 2 KHz.
- Impedance varies with frequency but can be matched to 4 or 8 Ohm amplifier output tap with the included audio isolation impedance matching transformer assembly.
- OPTIONAL: 70 Volt and 100 Volt transformers.
- Can also be used as a receive hydrophone for underwater listening.
- WARRANTY: Five years
- The ONLY underwater speaker on the market that can be used as an air speaker without voiding the manufacturer’s warranty.
- PROUD TO BE “MADE IN THE U.S.A.”